Friday, January 23, 2015

Blackened Steaks



I needed to defrost one of my freezers so I have been emptying stuff out and found two lovely boneless rib eyes hiding near the bottom. Yumm! Since I did not start defrosting them until mid day I decided to go for a dry seasoning versus a marinade. I love blackened seasoning but have to tone it down for my daughter. So this is my not too spicy blackened steaks.


Blackened Seasoning
You will need:
1 Tbsp paprika
4 Tsp dry thyme
2 Tsp onion powder
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Swerve
2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1/2 Tsp cayenne
1 Tsp oregano
1/2 Tsp cumin
 rib eye or other steak that can be broiled or grilled such as sirloin, or New York strip

Sprinkle your steaks with seasoning. There will e seasoning left over unless you are making quite a bit of steak. I store mine in generic seasoning shaker. Heat your grill or broiler. If using a broiler place your steaks on a broiler pans. Put the steaks on the grill or under the broiler and cook until done to your liking. the time for cooking will vary based on the size and thickness of your steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment