Thursday, January 8, 2015

Teriyaki Steak

I have three official New Year's resolutions:
1. Drink more water
2. Actually follow my eating plan
3. No new animals in my home ( that's a blog post in itself )


But I also have what seems like a mile long list of nonofficial resolutions. You know like get my daughter to do chores daily instead of weekly, save money, pay off my credit card, eat at home more, finish some of my house projects, get the dogs to understand the cat litter box is not a snack bar. I could go on but you get it. I have had some success. The new chore chart is a life saver and there was very minimal complaining when it started. The dogs on the other hand may be a lost cause.

Some goals all seem to roll together like saving money, eating at home and following my eating plan. Three birds one stone so to speak. I guess that's my way of saying you may see quite a few recipes here.

One food we love in my house is steak. Its one of those things that ensures dinner will get eaten by all. I love when my daughter sees her dinner plate and says "yay!". So today I want to share one of my favorite marinade recipes.



Teriyaki Steak Marinade

You will need:
2 Tbs Sugar Free Pineapple flavored flavoring syrup ( I use DaVinci)
6 Tbs Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Red Pepper flakes
2 Garlic Cloves
3 drops Sesame Oil

This recipe is really simple. Smash the garlic cloves and remove the skins, dump everything in a gallon size zip lock bag and mix around. You may want to taste it. If you want it sweeter add more pineapple syrup, if you like a salty marinade you may want a touch more soy sauce etc... Marinade the meat for at least an hour but I like to put the meat in the marinade in the morning before work so it is really flavorful by dinner time. I use this on flank steak and Korean style short ribs. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment