Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mexican Mocha


I might have drank half of this before I remembered to take a picture, sorry! 
Is there anything better than a really decadent cup of coffee? I have to admit I love to sit in a coffee shop sipping my coffee visiting with a friend or reading. The smooth soothing taste of a latte or breve is divine! Some of those drinks can be ordered low carb and they make a filling snack for me so I am still enjoying them. However there are times I can't sneak away to grab a coffee and some days I just don't want to spend that $5 on coffee. Plus there really is something to sipping your treat from your favorite mug, even if it is chipped. Time to get creative. I wanted something more than a cup of coffee but I wanted to stick to something that could be made without fancy equipment or ingredients. Enter Mexican Mocha!

Mexican Mocha
You will need:

1/2 cup heavy cream
1Tbs unsweetened cocoa
4Tbs Splenda or equivalent ( I use liquid sucralose)
8oz of brewed coffee, hot
1/8 Tsp cinnamon (optional)

In a small saucepan warm heavy cream over medium low heat. Whisk cocoa powder and sweetener into heavy cream.




 Pour the coffee in and whisk again. Just before serving whisk the cinnamon in if you are using it. Pour the mixture into your mug using a sieve just in case there are any cocoa clumps left. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment