Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Small Batch Meatballs


Typically when I make meat balls I make a huge batch and a huge mess. Then I pack them up and freeze them so I can easily make spaghetti (or zucchini noodles) and meatballs on a moments notice. Meatball subs are also popular with my daughter. Right now I am trying to clean out the freezer and reorganize so making more frozen items is not on the agenda. So I have set out with the goal of making a small batch and only a small mess.








Small Batch Meatball
You will need:
1 pound ground beef
2 clove of garlic minced
3 Tbs Parmesan cheese
2 Tsp dried minced onion
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Tbsp olive oil or oil of your choice
1 jar of low carb pasta sauce ( I used simply Enjoy Marinara from GIANT Food Stores)

In a medium size bowl mix your ground beef with the garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion and egg until the seasonings are well distributed and the egg is fully incorporated.  Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan. Roll the meat mixture into 12 meatballs using clean hands. Carefully place the meatballs into the hot oil. Allow them to brown  rolling them around to ensure they are browned on much of the outside surface but not cooked through. In a medium saucepan heat the sauce over medium low heat add the meatballs being careful to drain as much grease from the frying to avoid thinning the sauce. Cover the saucepan and allow to meatballs to cook for about 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally to ensure the sauce and meatballs are not sticking to your saucepan. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment