Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crispy Green Beans

Green beans lend themselves to so many methods of preparation. If you have never moved beyond steaming them I encourage you to play around with some different recipes. This recipe was inspired by a meal I had at a friend's home years ago. I was raised on frozen and fresh vegetables so the idea of canned green beans had me awfully nervous when she started cooking, but the end result was delicious. At home I changed things up a bit to match what I had in my home and a hit was born. When I serve these there are never any leftovers. This dish is so popular in my home that when some of my past foster children visit for dinner they request "the green beans".



Crispy Green Beans
You will need:
2 cans of green beans drained
2-4 Tbsp Butter
1/2-1 Tsp Mrs. Dash table blend
salt-if your butter and green beans are low salt

Melt 2 Tbsp of butter over medium low heat in a large frying pan. Add the green beans to the pan and stir to coat with butter. Add half of the Mrs. Dash to the green beans. Cook stirring occasionally for about 40 minutes. If your pan becomes dry add more butter. Add additional Mrs. Dash and salt to taste. If your green beans begin to brown quickly after adding to the pan turn the heat down to prevent burning. Cook until the beans until most of them have browned and serve.

Serves 4 Assuming 2Tbsp of butter each serving has 76 calories and trace carbohydrates ( my app actually says 0 but we all know green beans have a few)

Tune in later today for the first of three Super Bowl snack posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment