Thursday, January 22, 2015

Not So Italian Chicken


Have you ever had a simple recipe at a friend's home, then week later you try and make it and it's just not the same? My recipe foil is chicken marinaded in Italian dressing. Seriously! Supposedly you throw the chicken in some store bought dressing and several hours later cook it up and it's juicy and delicious. At least this is what both my mother and one of my friends claim. I have had this very recipe at both of their homes and it makes you want to run home and try it yourself. Somehow this never works out when I do it at home. At home chicken is always bland, but since I want you to stop back we won't make that today. So instead I decided to get creative with a package of chicken thighs.

I choose bone in chicken thighs with skin because I love the crunchy skin on a well baked piece of chicken. This chicken is simple and tasty.

Baked Chicken Thighs
You will need:
1 package of bone in chicken thighs ( about 4-5 thighs)
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp onion powder
1 Tsp paprika
salt and pepper

Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a small bowl mix the garlic powder, onion powder and paprika together. Sprinkle it on the chicken pieces making sure to seasoning both sides of each piece. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Preheat your oven to 425, and place your chicken on the baking pan skin side up. Bake the chicken until the skin is crispy and the juice run clear about 45-60 minutes.

*I season my chicken before pre-heating the oven because this give the seasonings a chance to rehydrate a bbit as they sit on the chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment